Re: [tor-dev] New paper by Goldberg, Stebila, and Ustaoglu with proposed circuit handshake

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Adam Langley <agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Ian Goldberg <iang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nick, were you planning on using djb's qhasm code, or the C version
>> (curve25519-donna)?  (A quick look at the latter suggests it's doing
>> left-to-right, so some changes would still be required, but not evil
>> assembly ones.
>
> donna is much faster than the reference implementation on 64-bit, but
> much slower at 32-bit. The reference implementation was, indeed,
> derived from a qhasm source, although I don't have it. (donna was only
> intended to work on 64-bit systems, the 32-bit version is just for
> completeness.)

It's likely we'll want to use the fast reference implementation on
32-bit intel (It's assembly, right?), and donna on 64-bit platforms.
We're going to need to find an answer for 32-bit PPC and ARM
platforms, though.  Any suggestions there?

--
Nick