Re: [tor-dev] [tor-assistants] Python metrics-lib

On 5/8/12, Beck Chen <csybeck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> According to the outline, the long-term identity key should be different
> from the
> signing key, which changes every 3-12 months. Then why should the signing
> key
> become the identity key in the descriptor format, and fingerprint become
> the hash
> of the identity key?

The ârelay identity keyâ is not the same as the âauthority identity
keyâ.  The ârelay identity keyâ might also be different from the
âdirectory signing keyâ; I'm not sure about that.

Descriptors contain and are signed with the ârelay identity keyâ, and
the fingerprint in a descriptor is the hash of the relay identity key.

Robert Ransom