Re: [tor-dev] Which network simulator are you using/suggesting for testing Tor

On 5/11/17 09:08, vmon wrote:
Hello Tor-devers,

A friend of mine wants to simulate Tor and measure the network
performance by tweaking various node selection heuristics etc. He was
wondering what simulator usually people who perform and study Tor
uses. This was the best he came up with

https://shadow.github.io/

but was wondering if anyone has a better suggestion.

Thanks a lot for your help,
vmon

There is also Chutney[1], which is popular with other Tor developers.

But as someone who uses Shadow every day, go for Shadow :). I think you'll find it already comes with the ability to graph many things you might be interested in. And if you will be interested in simulating large networks, it should do so better than Chutney.

Hoping I don't sound too much like a fanboy.

Matt

[1]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/chutney.git