what do you do with no intro points?

hello,
I am not exactly sure what the following means:

Nov 26 20:58:18.813 [warn] circuit_get_open_circ_or_launch(): Couldn't get an intro point for 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. Closing.

There are other entries in my logs but I am not sure what is relevant and do not want to spam the list with a big debug log.

The system i want to connect to could be down, i am not sure because i can not connect to it in any manner other than the hidden service. Will tor identify the difference between not being able to find an intro point for a service and the remote tor node being unavailable?

In the best case scenario should alice handpick HiddenServiceNodes and RendNodes or should they be chosen at random? And if alice should pick these nodes how should she do so? If she runs a node or number of nodes should she use these nodes?

--dfc Douglas F. Calvert http://anize.org/dfc/ .::. GPG Key: 0xC9541FB2 A mystic in the sense that I am still mystified by things...