Re: [tor-dev] Apple App Store Redux

On 11/11/2013 05:36 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
   It seems Apple's terms are incompatible with copyleft, and that isn't
   likely to change.  Is there any copylefted code in TBB?  I would
   expect so, but I haven't enumerated it.   People who choose copyleft
   for their code do so for a reason, and Apple's terms are fundamentally
   inconsistent with those reasons - this isn't a matter of nits to be
   smoothed over.

   Is the agreement that a company would have to sign public?  There
   seems to be some notion that it is not.  I believe that charitable
   organizations and free software organizations should not enter into
   secret agreements, and that doing so would be a breach of their duty
   to act in the public interest.

I agree with everything that's been said here. I don't trust Apple. If all of these conditions are true, playing the game by their proprietary rules seems too severe a burden for this libre software very much in the public interest. The people who desire to use TBB should already know this and will be prepared for the minor inconvenience of obtaining the app directly from torproject.

Justin