[tor-dev] introduce some customization on the tbb

Hello to the community!
my first question is that is there a solution for rapid development of tbb? i was wondering that each time a contributor wants to change something in the tbb or add extra functionality, they have to go through the build process which i just guess would be very time consuming. i was wondering that is there any containerized environment for this? any docker ecosystem available or other solutions that might help?
my second question is about the changes that i want to implement. i am interested into the graphical settings page about bridges and tor process that currently tbb is exposing to the end users. if we want to add more functionality into this settings page, where should we start to change? and is there any possibility that we may have some control over the underlying tor process as well, for instance controlling it's launching or it's torrc configuration; because as i see, there must be a link between the graphical interface of tbb and the underlying tor process so that is the way we can control bridges for instance. similar to this i was planning to add more graphical options to the interface for controlling other configuration aspects of the tor process through it's torrc or other workarounds.
in the past i have achieved this by writing a browser extension that benefits from native messaging for communication to the tor process; but this is not really performance friendly and an intuitive experience for the end users.i am not satisfied with the result. so i was interested on mirroring these functionalities inside tbb.
i really appreciate your insights and thoughts on the matter,
have a great day,
Sarpedon.