Re: [tor-dev] Torsocks 2.x issue - Need eyes on that

David Goulet:
> Ok, I manage to make it work with Firefox.

Yeah! :)

> However, and a BIG however, this is a special fix for specific case
> where memory allocation is handle by the application AND syscall() is
> used. It will not cover the broader issue of using other syscall within
> a malloc hook for instance.
>
> After two days, I only see that solution for now as a "working fix" for
> application that use syscall() directly for their memory allocation.
>
> Thoughts?

As long as the case is detected and we print a nice error message
instead of deadlocking, I think it'll be good enough. That's why I
suggested that patch (actually broken, it needs better #if/#else).

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>