Re: [tor-dev] Newbie Devloper Questions

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:13:29PM -0400, pylis@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am would like to begin working on a distributed application
> sitting on top of TOR and am wondering if there are any existing
> guides providing a good starting point for this type of development.
> If not, what other resources might be good starting points to become
> familiar with the foundation concepts?
>
> Thank you

Hi,

I don't know of any existing guides, so it'd be great if you can
document your experience and post one!

As for starting points, if you're not already familiar with the basics,
they're probably a good starting point[0]. After that, think about and
document your threat model and any privacy considerations you made in
the design of the application (privacy by design, not privacy by
policy).

Please be nice to the network, don't transmit unnecessary data.

[0] https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#UpToSpeed