Re: [tor-dev] Proposal 335: An authority-only design for MiddleOnly

Hi,

has this proposal any implications wrt to making the MiddleOnly
feature available to clients (without requiring DA actions)?

With ExcludeExitNodes/ExitNodes + ExcludeGuardNodes [1]
tor clients basically can get the "MiddleOnly" feature without DA actions,
but ExcludeGuardNodes [1] is not there yet. This is why I'm asking.

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/merge_requests/436

## Generating votes

When voting for a relay with the `MiddleOnly` flag, an authority
should set all flags indicating that a relay is unusable for a
particular purpose, and against all flags indicating that the relay
is usable for a particular position.

This part was not clear to me, but if I ignore it, the rest makes sense.
It is not clear because it says an authority should set _all_ flags to indicate
that a relay is unusable for a particular purpose.

kind regards,
nusenu

--
https://nusenu.github.io