Re: Suggestion

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:41:08PM +0100, Andrei Serjantov wrote:
> Sure, I appreciate that. I am happy for this mode to be off by default.
> Interestingly, this is an argument for not running your own OR either way.

That's a really good point. It was rolling around in the back of my mind,
but I hadn't followed it to its conclusion:

"If I implement a stupid mode, most people will turn it on."

(And if I don't implement it, people will keep asking for it until
somebody does.)

What's the usual answer to this, in terms of software engineering
and security projects?

--Roger