Re: [tor-dev] Scaling tor for a global population

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Ryan Carboni <ryacko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're missing the point. It would be trivial for a multibillion dollar
> organization to sybil attack Tor if you add excessive restrictions.

If you look at the numbers isis posted, all relays below the median
contribute less than 3% of the overall bandwidth. I think cutting all
of them off might be overkill, but even if you did, you would not make
a Sybil attack appreciably harder.

- Nikita
--
Nikita Borisov - http://hatswitch.org/~nikita/
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering