[tor-dev] Desired exit node diversity

Let's try a simple special case. In an idealized Tor network, what would the distribution of exit nodes look like?

* Would each exit node have the same bandwidth? Or would there instead be only one exit node per AS?

* Would the number of exit nodes constitute exactly 1/3 of all Tor nodes? Would the total exit node bandwidth constitute 1/3 of all Tor bandwidth?

* Would their distribution of AS numbers match the distribution of AS numbers of Tor clients? The distribution of Internet users?

Exit nodes seem a nice place to start concretizing what's meant when we say we want relay diversity. Comments immensely appreciated because as-is I don't know the answers to these questions.

-V