Re: [tor-relays] Proper bandwidth units [was: Exit nodes on Gandi]

Travis Northrup:
> Yes, it can. The program can spend the processor time to run that
> extra instruction set. Do we actually need or want that? Would it
> be worth spending the cpu time in exchange for just a miniscule
> effort to do it ourselves?

Are you really arguing something like 1000 cycles on a modern
processor (so, what, a microsecond, tops) vs 5 minutes of human effort?

Is this maybe an example of why crypto software UX is almost
universally god-awful?

Best,
- -Gordon M.