Re: [tor-relays] Torservers awarded $250,000 by Digital Defenders

On 12/14/2013 02:18 PM, I wrote:
> ...and I will use the description of Tor because it is the best I've seen.

I stole it right from the torproject.org front page :-)

Thanks for all the flowers! I really want to involve the community more
in the whole thing. In short, we want to avoid that any single entity
runs both high bandwidth exit relays, and a larger number of bridges.

We need to find seven more organizations that are willing to rent
servers for a period of at least 2 years. Thanks to Digital Defenders,
we can provide the funding. Ideally, the organizations have their own
technical staff who we can teach how to maintain the bridge server, but
we can also do the whole administrative part. This isn't as bad as it
sounds, as we can over time find seven different people do to this who
likely know more about digital security (eg. use OpenPGP smartcards for
SSH authentication).

If you want to learn more, please join us for the Tor Relay Operators
meetup at 30c3:
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/wiki/Session:Torservers_Meetup

--
Moritz Bartl