Re: OS X support document suggestions

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:53:43PM -0700, Chris Palmer wrote:
> Here I agree with you and not with Roger.  This page:
>
> http://tor.eff.org/docs/tor-doc-osx.html.en
>
> does not mention Firefox or any Firefox plugin at all.

Actually, the page does talk about both Firefox and plugins. Can you
provide a patch that makes it clearer for you that it does? :)

>  The proxy
> setting instructions only work for applications that obey your
> systemwide proxy settings, such as Safari.  Firefox does not pay
> attention to the systemwide proxy settings.

Right. We need to make this clearer. (Ideally we would do something
more than simply document the brokenness, but I'm not sure what.)

> The SwitchProxy and TorButton plugins make turning the proxy
> configuration on and off much easier, and it should be pretty obvious
> how to install and use them if you've ever installed another Firefox
> extension.

I'm hoping that we can stop doing screenshots of proxy config windows
at all, and just switch to Torbutton. Is this naive?

--Roger