Re: Number of processes and memory allocation

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Joerg Maschtaler wrote:

> I run two Tor server which settings are very similar and i can't figure
> out why one of them runs only one process with a memory allocation of ~
> 10 MB (online since 6 h) and the other one runs six processes with a
> memory allocation up to 120MB.

> Nickname road2nowhere
> Nickname roundabout

The multiple processes you are seeing are probably just threads of one
and the same process.  I assume the node where you see multiple lines in
ps is running on a 2.4 kernel using linux threads instead of NPTL.

120 megs doesn't seem that much for a busy node.  I guess it's
roundabout using that as it appears more stable than your other node.

http://www.noreply.org/tor-running-routers/24/node-traf-24CB9083B9A8F0BB48CA97E28B4CAE24B01E9690.png
http://www.noreply.org/tor-running-routers/7E/node-traf-7E634ECBD067EA5BFF166C37E7E5FF0BDE439A06.png

    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal