LiveCD For Testing

I'm currently seeding a rather large experimental Tor/TorK LiveCD (675 MB!).

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3651803/Tor_LiveCD_-_testing_only.3651803.TPB.torrent

The CD is based on Knoppix and was created using the procedure documented at:

http://tork.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/LiveCD

The only part of the procedure not fully implemented is 'Removing unnecessary
packages'. I drew up a shortlist on the wiki page this morning, so if anyone
can think of other worthy removals, please add them there.

I understand that without a full diff from knoppix sources the LiveCD is
mystery meat and not particularly GPL compliant to boot. I think this is
something to address in the medium term, when/if it ever begins to take shape
as a serious proposition. I believe the Knoppix sources are available at:
http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/.

I have about 40KB/s TX bandwidth on my home connection, so if you manage a
full download please continue to seed.

Elements of the CD that need some attention:

* Firefox - firefox sessions load from tork with pretty much everything
disabled. The next version will have Mike Perry's torbutton - which looks
like the most sensible way of doing things. I also haven't attempted to strip
any plugins yet.

* Firewall - just a basic firewall is used. No attempt is made to block
outgoing dns requests. Instead these are tracked and reported in a very
rudimentary, not-exactly-foolproof way by tork. I guess this comes down to
whether an anonymous cd should permit non-anonymous browsing.

* Policy on software included. What applications should the CD include? Should
the user want/be able to print? Should there be more than one type of CD
offered, full featured vs just browsing?

* Are there security features that the wiki page doesn't even mention or
address?

Anyway, be gentle! I'll probably try to create a new and improved version of
the CD every few weeks for the next while.

--

KlamAV - An Anti-Virus Manager for KDE - http://www.klamav.net
TorK   - A Tor Controller For KDE      - http://tork.sf.net