Re: Client config help - TOR will not start - directory information "not enough to build a circuit"

I've resolved the problem... issue was that although ZoneAlarm firewall did not appear to be running, actually it was. I added Tor and Vidalia to the outbound access list, and they're running now. Nothing to do with multiple versions.

So that was a n00b error, however I think the log messages could be more descriptive. Also, it appears that 1.2.12 does not appear to log _at all_ on my box. Is it writing directly to the file or does it use some kind of socket appender that might be getting screwed up by the firewall?

Thanks,
Carlton