Re: Tor nodes blocked by SORBS (thus; e-gold+++)

> No, its just SORBS, thay havnt got a clue. Avoid with long bargepole....

Quote, mr. Dingeldine at "What The Hack", July 2005:

"If you're still using SORBS then I feel sorry for you". I did a (Scr|G)oogle
seach for SORBS just now

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=sorbs

and it turns up all these pages talking about how bad SORBS is, and how their
delisting policy can be described as "extortion"

http://www.natesimpson.com/blog/archives/2004/10/07/sorbs-sucks/

Services like e-gold can use any kind of spam-solution they want, but perhaps
education can at least be part of a solution. If you e-mail them and
say "Please stop using SORBS, they block a whole lot more than they should"
and you give them references and examples and explain how their list is 98%
innocent IPs then perhaps e-gold will stop using Tor.

Personal example: My e-mail DNSBL configuration was cut-and-paste off some
howto webpage and it included SORBS. Then I learned about how SORBS blocks
anyone and anything for any or no reason and then I checked every DNSBL
service I used, their policy, who runs them and so on, and then I removed
half of the DNSBLs I used. It may be that E-gold are not intentionally
scamming Tor-users. It may just be that they have no idea how stupid it is to
use SORBS for anything.