[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Smallest cheapest device to run a tor home server?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Smallest cheapest device to run a tor home server?
- From: "Tom Arnold" <t0m4rn0ld@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:49:45 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:49:52 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=KGaMll3YKLhyYVjfp/iLfdhqP/blYakeA57Dttc1gIg=; b=b9j27zgdgz8ys7YL9HNbtAGX4qo2Em70Ww3laFIdp2NgTUKfjI7/yS+zP+xsMJZNJTFeLOraI4psAsISk8PDqIldgs5KvydDdbjTHxoveQXokbWVnv0rk0JPOfPBN8XhnTD9fkhIYpfzSaZ+Xqf+MOouwFL7C+7HoPjayffjWgU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=wQzTLNe68C3ls7cOdJwM9brbyJ3wbetjiKjPmjnRCVWX8dg33Xo3FrspX8Gz+Xt37S1HagjA+/6uc/+MKKCI4WelAPq17k9qRTYInLr5NP+PdvK7+29M5bQAjK+Mdr7XxvxbmQGfgOwrSnkMXoUpo8BsCgFEj2WdAQ9GekB4l80=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Everone ( I am new ),
i love Tor and i want to contribute.
First of all does it make sense to run a tor relay on a ADSL line. I would be willing to share 30-40kb a sec 24/7.
I have a linux WLAN router ( DD-WRT ) with 125 Mhz, 4 mb flash and 16 mb RAM ( 3 mb free ). Is that enough to run Tor?
( I didnt find any recent ipk packages .. so i guess it is not worth it otherwise people would do it ... )
Would a 32 mb device with 200 mhz do the trick? Or what about the NSLU2 or the Linkstation. Or is a used laptop the best choice?
So many questions :) ( BTW i didnt find any requirements on the homepage )
PS: sorry for asking, but i already asked on the german CCC list but didnt get any definite answers.