[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
A Question to people from UK
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: A Question to people from UK
- From: Hans Schnehl <torvallenator@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:11:52 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:13:06 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:user-agent; bh=icfWWjUNXAoc/2P+zJZJeh/cOe6Kmeo6BwXnhQmVmIk=; b=dFtqM5NXEPRYEvHJ9tyiOCxwyx87UOqvHyFuJLcpFXD11+mMzT+RsGzScGRf0mLBCirgDz/gFJOnE94VnnDEruqyJ57jxNn2ErOwcnzLBw0zjo+vnj394vA/+yeU2NeilH54I1wpF3MEPh5GP/4pkqFC1mjgwb7fxS9AYrSZQAY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:user-agent; b=phXxEg/9sIJ+zLmiYMitHI7mX/YW3KSxY8JTJeNV8uaA4jdMpUS0IYsnNAFOI23rLdhzQROvOwMF7DFIOcaSfkZspvXla4ViWGwNuy/j7z4i18QHzb1vuW0R5bdAqKMsqJ+w/tgz+i+LepELfmAAiMhWJ31P5wmgMRL14sBecR0=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.17 (2007-11-01)
This is a not strictly tor-related matter, but
related to anonymity in the wider approach.
I was told in the UK you are obliged to deliver your
private gpg/pgp keys to the authorities as soon as you
use one of these programs for yourself.
I am aware of the fact, that in the UK you are threatened with quite
harsh laws (imprisonment for several years) if you do not deliver the key to encrypted
harddisks und else on demand.
What is new to me is the "obligation" to deliver mentioned keys.
I hope this is a hoax, but just for informational reasons it would be nice if
someone with the appropriate knowledge could clarify this.
thx in advance.