Re: 25 tbreg relays in directory

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:57:17PM -0500, bennett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 5.4K bytes in 107 lines about:
:      That brings up something that has bothered me for a long time.  When
: tor discovers that its version doesn't match any in either client-versions
: or server-versions, it currently writes complaints about it to the log(s),
: but seems to do nothing further about it.  I'd like to see either of the
: following.

Recently, we're started emailing the node operators (at least those with
valid contact info) suggesting they upgrade to at least 0.2.0.34-stable.
This method seems to have a better success ratio in getting nodes
upgraded from very old versions.  At least, better than the log messages
that state your tor version is not recommended anymore.

We're also working on Tor Weather to enable automatic notifications, such
as "your server is out of date, please upgrade".

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://torproject.org/