Re: Polipo question

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 12:56:25PM -0400, downie - wrote:
> > > I am having a problem with variable PHP pages being cached, and would
> > > prefer not to have to add Cache-Control headers everywhere. The manual
> > > doesn't seem to allow for that eventuality.

I believe the answer is that you can't turn off caching. It's core to
what polipo does. But perhaps Chris or Juliusz will contradict me.

> Polipo is on port 8118 for Tor: anyhow, Firefox won't connect to
>localhost - it's 'restricted'.

My guess is that's actually Torbutton preventing you from reaching port
8118 or port 8123, not Firefox preventing you from reaching localhost.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.security.ports.banned
https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/design/#browseroverlay

--Roger