Re: [or-talk] where are the exit nodes gone?

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:58:32PM -0700, Christian Kujau wrote:
> > the ratio of real bandwidth divided by
> > advertised bandwidth has increased within the last three month by a
> > factor of three. The "MaxAdvertisedBandwidth 2000 KB" config parameter
> > leads to 135 MBit/s real bandwidth. Well known TNS sites like
> > http://torstatus.kgprog.com sorted by bandwidth lists only two exit
> > nodes within the top twenty.
>
> Hm, we do not seem to monitor exit nodes over time (or do we?).
> Looking at the tor.eff.org frontpage however there's an ad suggesting
> that we were at 1755 exit nodes at one point. The current TNS sites
> count only 584 exit nodes, a factor of three indeed :-\

No, that 1755 was total Running relays. For comparison, there are
1541 running relays in the consensus right now.

You might like
http://metrics.torproject.org/consensus-graphs.html#exit-all

Also, we moved from tor.eff.org to torproject.org several years ago. :)

--Roger