no traffic but still a lot of open tcp sessions

Hi list,

for some unknown reason my exit stopped publishing its descriptor.

Bandwidth dropped to below 3 MBit/s and the number of new tcp
connections dropped to less than 10 per second. Both seems to be
reasonable. Good! But the tor process still owns about 8000(!) open tcp
sessions in established state. I don't have a good explanation what
these sessions are used for? Cause kernel tcp timeout parameters like
tcp_timeout_established are set to rather small values, the sessions
must be really alive.

Since the pictures are small I dare to attach graphs for cpu load, new
tcp conn/s, and open tcp sessions to this mail.

regards Olaf

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image