Re: [or-talk] Re: huge pages, was where are the exit nodes gone?

Scott Bennett wrote:

>> It appears memory consumption with the wrapped Linux malloc() is still
>> larger than than with openbsd-malloc I used before. Hugepages don't
>> appear to work with openbsd-malloc.
>>
>      Okay, that looks like a problem, and it probably ought to be passed
> along to the LINUX developers to look into.

yes, but I don't suppose this problem being related to hugepages
wrapper. Linking tor against standard glibc malloc() never worked for me
in the past. Always had the problem that memory leaked like hell and
after a few days tor process crashed with an out of memory error.
Running configure script with --enable-openbsd-malloc flag solved this
issue but apparently it doesn't work with libhugetlbfs.so.

After 17 hours of operation resident process size is 1 gig.

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  P COMMAND
21716 debian-t  20   0 1943m 1.0g  24m R 79.4 26.9 927:51.27 1 tor

On the other hand cpu load really seems to be reduced compared with
standard page size.

regards Olaf