Re: [tor-talk] To Toggle, or not to Toggle: The End of Torbutton

Thus spake Anders Andersson (pipatron@xxxxxxxxx):

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > (blah blah)
>
> Thus, I can only agree to 100% that this is a good idea.
>
> The only problem I can come up with at 2 AM is that maintaining a
> separate firefox can be a little messy in various linux distributions
> unless you happen to have someone build a nice binary for you. I
> suppose most of the common distributions will be covered with a
> tor-repository and the minor distributions will generally have more
> knowledgable users so they can take care of the evenutal mess.

Thankfully, we do. Erinn has managed to create bundles that appear to
work on every Linux distro we could test, but she is looking for
feedback:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/firefox-4-tor-browser-bundles-gnulinux

We do this by shipping all our major dependencies with the bundle.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist