Re: [tor-talk] To Toggle, or not to Toggle: The End of Torbutton

On 04/12/2011 08:26 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> Hrm, your use case would be "Download the TBB, and then configure it
> manually to use an alternate proxy." You'd still be downloading (and
> running) and extra Tor and Vidalia instance, but we're hoping to make
> that seamless:
>
> Otherwise, you'd fall in this boat:
>
> But we're really hoping not to have to build a standalone Tor Browser
> outside of the Tor Browser Bundle, because it adds an entire column to
> the matrix of builds we'd need to do.

Will this new Tor Browser Bundle still offer the possibility to
configure it for "Transparent Torification"?
(traffic gets transparently redirected into Tor by a Tor router on the LAN)

added in TorButton 1.3.0-alpha:
 * new: Support for transparent proxies in settings
   (patch from Jacob Appelbaum and Kory Kirk)