Re: [tor-talk] Better Privacy for Tor Node Operators

On 04/25/2011 01:06 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:26:29 +0200
> tagnaq <tagnaq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I don't think that the Tor Project expects that every Tor node
>> operator routes his entire traffic through Tor to avoid this issue
>> (this is not even recommended or possible).
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#DoIgetbetteranonymityifIrunarelay
>
> Yes, I encourage everyone who runs a relay at home to use Tor for all
> of their traffic.

Even if you use Tor for *all* your traffic your node fingerprint will
generate a trace of your journeys in the descriptor archive if you run a
node on a mobile device (e.g. notebook) - and your tor node fingerprint
becomes high valuable information.

One might ask how can you get the node fingerprint of a certain person?
..what about using the ContactInfo field ;)  (one of may ways..)