Re: [tor-talk] no country flags in Vidalia 2.10

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 02:00:32 -0300
Javier Bassi <javierbassi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:34 PM,  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Did you install tor-geoipdb package?
>
> I have just added torproject urls to sources.list and installed
> tor-geoipdb from deb.torproject.org (lucid). It still doesn't work
> when I open vidalia. I think the problem could be that I didn't
> install vidalia from the package manager. I downloaded a tar.bz file,
> extracted it and I'm using it from my /home.

Was the .tar.bz2 file a Tor Browser Bundle?

> Anyway I wanted the flags some days ago to see if there was any Tor
> Exits from Argentina with the Tor Exit message on port 80 and email
> address to contact them and ask them if they had any trouble with ISPs
> here. About a month ago I started running an exit node from home and
> wanted to know if there was any history here. So I check with
> TorStatus and it seems I'm the only one using "This is a Tor Exit
> Router" message on :80.

You can also check for a contact address in the relay descriptor.
TorStatus web sites show a relay's contact address in the relay
information page that appears when you click on a relay's name, and
they can show relays' contact information in a column on a relay list
as well.

Robert Ransom