Re: [tor-talk] Absence of digital signature of TBB sources

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:44:10AM +0000, rransom.8774@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.7K bytes in 20 lines about:
: The official TBBs are built from the sources in Git, not from the
: tarballs.  There probably shouldn't be any release tarballs for TBB
: source code.

But anyone should be able to build TBB from the source tarball. At least,
this is how I used to build everything way back in the day when I built
all of the packages.

I didn't use the source repo. I tagged a release, built a source tarball,
and then built the packages from the tarball. This way our builds were
official, but at least others could build their own packages the same
way we did.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact