Re: [tor-talk] access sites

tor324890@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 04.04.2012 15:53:

>>> The green icon means Tor is enabled from your computer. Now you need to
>>> configure your web browser to use it. To do that, change its proxy to
>>> use
>>> SOCKS5 (sometimes just SOCKS) on localhost, port 9050 (unless you've
>>> changed
>>> the default port).
>>
>> No you don't. Just use the browser in the Tor Browser Bundle, it's
>> already configured for use with Tor.
>
> Sorry, I didn't see any mention of TBB.

Runa's point was that it's not recommended to use a normal browser (aka
vanilla browser) with Tor because it is unsafe.

TBB contains an patched version of Firefox, which has been configured to
work with Tor.

BTW (to the list, not to reply to them individually): I thought
Silkroad, referred to an Online RPG. Prior to some time ago I believed
the HS would lead to an login page for this game.

Regards,
bastik_tor