Re: [tor-talk] NSA supercomputer

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 04:30:34PM -0400, Griffin Boyce wrote:
> Paul Syverson <syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Lots of people with lots of different employers, funders, affiliations,
> >
> etc. have contributed. Whether they were employees or contractors
> >
> of the Tor Project, Inc., they were all part of the Tor Project.
> >
> > aloha,
> > Paul
>

>   Interesting! I actually did not know most of that, and thought that you,
> Nick and Roger wrote the original codebase entirely.

Actually I didn't write any of the code: Partly everything was much
simpler if contractors rather than employees were producing the code,
but another nontrivial factor is that basically I personally don't
write code (at least not since the 70s).  I've started to a little bit
every few years or so, but there always seems to be better uses of my
time and better to have someone else do it, and I end up dropping
any attempt to develop that skill.

-Paul