[tor-talk] securely reading and posting to mailing lists (was google)

>I'm a bit of a newb at this (all of it). But this email thread
>(tor-talk) is completely unencrypted, right? And it has to be that
>way?

You can see this thread securely using lynx with this URL:

  snews://news.gmane.org:563/CACYKwB0HZfvsa_k_A6dp4-PPOACJONn+HtNtLbvxYMmRponVKA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ironically, this list does not allow anonymous posting.  But FYI, you
would normally post anonymously by using mixmaster to send mail to
tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (BTW, this is how my message was sent,
but you will notice that it does not go through to the list).

Anyway, this is the technique you should use on mailing lists that are
mindful of the security of participants.