[tor-talk] Tor and child pornography

I think it's pretty clear that when someone puts on the list a complain about a popular hidden service being attacked, and refuse to give any information about the identity of the hidden service due to "legal", e.g. traffic shaping attacks recently, it will be a child pornography operation. It is well known that Tor onion sites are a haven for this, and research has shown a lot of hidden services use is related to these sites.

Is it really appropriate to use the tor-talk list to encourage child abuse? I do not think so. Obviously there is not much that can be done about these immoral websites due to the nature of Tor, but as the wider community of users of Tor, should not specifically helping child pornographers fix or protect their hidden service onions.

        Sent from secure GhostMail. Easy and free encrypted email, chat and cloud storage, free sign up here: https://www.ghostmail.com