Re: [tor-talk] 0.3.0.6 on fedora 24: systemd?

On 04/27/2017 10:30 AM, David Olofsson wrote:
> My spontaneous thought is to check the configure script (I'm not really
> into the source but I'm guessing it's a script) to see what the tests are.
> It is not improbable that the tests assume a certain configuration and look
> for files that aren't necessarily present when you have systemd installed.
>
> Hopefully someone with actual knowledge can tell you more.
>
> /Sidju

I asked the question online and got this suggestion:
At the commandline type:
command -v systemctl
echo $?

If the response to "echo" is 0 then you have systemd working.
If the response is 1 then you don't have systemd working.
Then you can check the script and see what you need to change to
have the script show systemd working.
Good luck!

Tom Bell
> On 27 Apr 2017 13:43, "Udo van den Heuvel" <udovdh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that 0.3.0.6 was out so I started a build.
>> I noticed this popping up:
>>
>> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> checking for SYSTEMD... no
>> configure: Okay, checking for systemd a different way...
>> checking for SYSTEMD... no
>>

>> Fedora 24 /does/ use systemd, so what is wrong?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Udo
>> --

The thing about quotes on the internet is you
cannot confirm their validity. ~Abraham Lincoln