Re: [tor-talk] How do the OBFS4 "built-in" Bridges work?

Hi Nathaniel,

There’s no reason bridges can’t run on “non-standard ports”. I run a bridge on
port 8080 (common alternative to port 80) with obfs4 and it gets utilised quite a bit.

The server running the bridge runs a fairly innocuous website to avoid attention
being drawn to it, however, that prevents me using ports 80 and 443. The website
itself is also bandwidth heavy, to reduce the suspicions of a casual observer like a
public WiFi operator (but not a powerful adversary).

Cheers,
Sydney