[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.4.6.2-alpha is released
There's a new alpha Tor release! Because it's an alpha, you should
only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual, and report
them on gitlab.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the download page at
https://www.torproject.org/download/tor/ ; if you build Tor from
source, why not give it a try? And if you don't build Tor from source,
packages should be ready over the coming days, with a Tor Browser
alpha release likely some time next week.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.4.6.2-alpha - 2021-04-15
Tor 0.4.6.2-alpha is the second alpha in its series. It fixes several
small bugs in previous releases, and solves other issues that had
enabled denial-of-service attacks and affected integration with
o Minor features (client):
- Clients now check whether their streams are attempting to re-enter
the Tor network (i.e. to send Tor traffic over Tor), and close
them preemptively if they think exit relays will refuse them for
this reason. See ticket 2667 for details. Closes ticket 40271.
o Minor features (command line):
- Add long format name "--torrc-file" equivalent to the existing
command-line option "-f". Closes ticket 40324. Patch by
o Minor features (dormant mode):
- Add a new 'DormantTimeoutEnabled' option to allow coarse-grained
control over whether the client ever becomes dormant from
inactivity. Most people won't need this. Closes ticket 40228.
o Minor features (fallback directory list):
- Regenerate the list of fallback directories to contain a new set
of 200 relays. Closes ticket 40265.
o Minor features (geoip data):
- Update the geoip files to match the IPFire Location Database, as
retrieved on 2021/04/13.
o Minor features (logging):
- Edit heartbeat log messages so that more of them begin with the
string "Heartbeat: ". Closes ticket 40322; patch
o Minor bugfixes (bridge, pluggable transport):
- Fix a regression that made it impossible start Tor using a bridge
line with a transport name and no fingerprint. Fixes bug 40360;
bugfix on 0.4.5.4-rc.
o Minor bugfixes (channel, DoS):
- Fix a non-fatal BUG() message due to a too-early free of a string,
when listing a client connection from the DoS defenses subsystem.
Fixes bug 40345; bugfix on 0.4.3.4-rc.
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Fix a compilation warning about unused functions when building
with a libc that lacks the GLOB_ALTDIRFUNC constant. Fixes bug
40354; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha. Patch by Daniel Pinto.
o Minor bugfixes (configuration):
- Fix pattern-matching for directories on all platforms when using
%include options in configuration files. This patch also fixes
compilation on musl libc based systems. Fixes bug 40141; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- Move the "overload-general" line from extrainfo to the server
descriptor. Fixes bug 40364; bugfix on 0.4.6.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (testing, BSD):
- Fix pattern-matching errors when patterns expand to invalid paths
on BSD systems. Fixes bug 40318; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha. Patch by
o Documentation (manual):
- Move the ServerTransport* options to the "SERVER OPTIONS" section.
Closes issue 40331.
- Indicate that the HiddenServiceStatistics option also applies to
bridges. Closes ticket 40346.
- Move the description of BridgeRecordUsageByCountry to the section
"STATISTICS OPTIONS". Closes ticket 40323.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to