[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor
- From: Sean <sun_lovin_man@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:48:35 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MsLBdUQax54QpSFZLiibC101qAmuhHgXo7D7lz8hPiLBg2zyriw54AFScD+WINXyoksvCHZ2OhSxk0Tozr2oAyLsL5Ms7sA5FG9cv7ogBPWYFF4zb2/XkjH60jEiEXb1Zze39kaWkEQRGk0lwhvaPxv0Hzb+cZQD4/uFxXIxwGQ= ;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm far from being a TOR expert...(rather, I'm quite
But, I see no way for a website operator to ban folks
using TOR from posting, but allow browsing...
As the website operator faced with anonymous
antagonizers...Would you force posters to authenticate
from a particular IP address(an unworkable solution,
if you want increased participation...)? Or are you
suggesting that Gentoo implement only user bans
instead of IP bans?
Or is there another solution?
Just trying to learn here...
--- Adam Langley <alangley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/8/05, S K <sk4list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Maybe someone who is in touch with the Gentoo guys
> > could ask them?
> I emailed tomk (and cc'ed the list) about this a
> while back. No reply.
> Adam Langley
> (+44) (0)7906 332512
> PGP: 9113 256A CC0F 71A6 4C84 5087 CDA5
> 52DF 2CB6 3D60
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page