[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor nodes question
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor nodes question
- From: S K <sk4list@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:09:19 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XI7A8JXwtiCfrJgzcNi/1NA1kjfMH0fC3W4ohmURswB0Da4077TkFv9PCTTxR8c+/lY2KaY1k6xylF2qbwAsOts+iOsSg8PV5SeCQHQQoNU2thbzj0RjfybzsZAN72VcIK74udWFyOt0sZAwA3qyQrmvWaMsuEMYcKuRLtoYPTA= ;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 and 2 - use entrynodes, exitnodes StrictExitNodes
and StrictEntryNodes, making sure that entry and exit
nodes are in different continents. Check out for a
list of tor nodes by country:
As for 3, if all the Tor servers are controlled by the
adversary, you are indeed traceable.
--- mw_prev1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've just started using Tor and would appreciate
> any help with a few points I'm unsure about.
> 1. Is it possible to restrict entry/exit nodes by
> geographical location of the node?
> 2. Is it possible to ensure that each node in the
> circuit is located in a different country? What
> are the chances that all 3 nodes will be located
> in the US, for example? Is there any way to
> tell if this has happened?
> 3. Is it possible to trace individual packets back
> through the 3-node circuit? If the exit node
> knows which node sent the packet, and that node
> (middle node) knows the entry node, and the entry
> node knows your IP, then couldn't someone trace
> any packets leaving the exit node back to source?
> http://www.fastmail.fm - The way an email service
> should be
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around