Re: Reproducing distributed binaries

A follow-up to this, since I noticed your mailer implies an Apple OS,
you could also get the source, inspect it, and follow the instructions
for "make dist-osx" to create your own mpkg which can be installed via
the Apple packaging system.  The "make dist-osx" setup is fairly trivial
to complete.  If you're skilled enough to read and understand the
source, and what it's actually doing, then chances are compiling the
code isn't that much of a mental stretch.