Re: Server Hacked

ADB wrote:
> I doubt it. What services were/are you running? Did you use grsecurity
> or SELinux?

I wasn't using either of those. I did run Bastille and snort. The server
ran apache, postfix, bind, mysql, b2evolution, phpbb, tor, ssh, vsftp
(for internal lan use only), and probably some other things.

I stopped paying close attention to port scans after making it a tor
server. http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#Portscans

I don't see which files have been tampered with yet. (That's the scary
part.) It seems like without tampering with the actual locations that
apache points to on my drive the hacker redirects all my sites to the
same defacement message.

I believe I'm going to have to make copies of my various configuration
files and do a fresh install of the entire OS.

Brian