[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
RE: Slashdot banning Tor?
- To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: Slashdot banning Tor?
- From: "Bob" <monfster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:57:59 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:58:56 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:to:subject:date:x-mailer:in-reply-to:thread-index:x-mimeole:message-id; b=C3bAWSXxvln+cpSW0wxUkdZSN7Xcmy50sLdkaMO1zQAHHRQBdQTpjIT02n65GgRs10G/gK9TpfYHf2s/1ArLcUx4jCSUu48HwKajmPNGFOFv43kh7rUQKF2Uamh2zIGnEImhmx4d+0O8lEnjpsv5nM6+jInhtaVCk4Ve52RbZSg=
- In-reply-to: <20050831213018.GA637966@hiwaay.net>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcWuczOYKalwuGdCR3iH0iYlBxeRJwAA6SsQ
Yes, I get it also. And adding there subnet (ExitPolicy reject
22.214.171.124/24) doesn't stop them from banning the ip of the tor server,
even though it doesn't exit to them ever.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Sackett
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:30 PM
> To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Slashdot banning Tor?
> I've been seeing this message when I try to login to slashdot.org:
> "This IP address or network has been used to abuse the system
> and logins
> from it have been disabled. If you feel that this is unwarranted, feel
> free to include your IP address (126.96.36.199) in the subject of an
> email to banned@xxxxxxxxxxxx, and we will examine why there
> is a ban. If
> you fail to include the IP address (again, in the subject!), then your
> message will be deleted and ignored. I mean come on, we're good, we're
> not psychic."
> I get the same message when I go through other exit nodes too. Anyone
> else seeing this? Has anyone tried contacting them?
> Karl Sackett K4KRS
> "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and
> carrying the cross." Sinclair Lewis