[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
RE: Slashdot banning Tor?
- To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: Slashdot banning Tor?
- From: "Bob" <monfster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:48:30 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:49:33 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:to:subject:date:x-mailer:thread-index:x-mimeole:message-id; b=ITIalCdSuoHfKIQ6ySJyy//ocOZ27NsqO9NGdKRteUksQkYa+sOYaN+i5UTz9X09CKAvyzOug70yEip3sPdH5XDh0u8kwkk9RTCVL+t7f6/zYCe1YFFxCzyk8QbCFKBJUNOFi5ymuBpvznbgWnyEpShIdNBGmo7kKksllp3ipYg=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcV75yK2+q0Lv4/sQYeNq07MPuZOjwywA3Tw
Here my correspondence with Mr. Rozeboom regarding my ip being banned. As
you notice, it doesn't mention whether or not my ip actually WAS doing
anything, it only says that they banned me because I'm a tor server. He
made no response to my pointing out that my exit node couldn't have been
used by anyone to crapflood them.
I must point out, however, that this was before the exitpolicy bug was
addressed in the 0.1.0.11 release of tor.
From: Robert Rozeboom [mailto:samzenpus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Robert Rozeboom
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: 18.104.22.168 banned?
Tor is the cause of your banning. Trolls are using it to crapflood us. If
you stop running it I can unban you.
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Bob Monfort wrote:
> I have no idea why I am even bothering sending this, since you have NEVER
> responded. I am running a tor server, but I have the line "ExitPolicy
> reject 22.214.171.124/24" in my torrc configuration, so no one has accessed
> that subnet using this exit server. If this is NOT the case, then I NEED
> KNOW this.
> Please tell me why this IP is banned.