Re: Can governments block tor?

I've also seen some exit node running at Tsinghua University, which
has class-A computer science lab of P.R.China government. Really
untrustworthy...

On 8/15/06, John Li <jli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:29:41PM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote:
> what prevents government from running Tor (exit) points and sniffing
> exit (incoming) traffic on them?

Nothing. Nothing prevents me from doing that, either. Do you trust me?

If you don't have end-to-end encryption, it's not confidential. Period.

Here's a wonderful FAQ entry answering your question in much more
detail:
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#ExitEavesdroppers

I highly recommend the FAQ, by the way. Great reading. Very informative.

John 2006-08-14

--
 .''`. |         John Li
: :' : | This Sig Kills Fascists