Re: GERMAN JUSTICE MINISTER CALLS FOR LIMITS TO NET ANONYMIZER

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 17:08, Bill Watson wrote:
> "The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
> the instruments of tyranny at home."
>
> James Madison, fourth president of
> the United States
>

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:56:00 -0700, "Joseph Lorenzo Hall"
>
> <joehall@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> > GERMAN JUSTICE MINISTER CALLS FOR LIMITS TO NET ANONYMIZER
> >
> > The Minister of Justice of the German federal state of
> > Schleswig-Holstein Uwe Döring has called for limits to be
> > set - in the interest of combating terrorism - on
> > anonymization on the Internet. The Minister said that the
> > Independent State Center for Data Protection of
> > Schleswig-Holstein (ULD), based in the state's capital of
> > Kiel in northern Germany, should take the anonymization
> > program it offers as a free download off the Internet
> > immediately.
> >
> > <http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/77162>
> >

> > --
"If there was reasonable suspicion of a crime and if the German Code of
Criminal Procedure provided for such an approach in the case in question, it
was quite possible to register the IP addresses of computers, Mr. Weichert
observed."

Umm. So it's only anonymous until they need to find out who you are? Or have I
misunderstood the point?
-

KlamAV - An Anti-Virus Manager for KDE - http://www.klamav.net
TorK   - A Tor Controller For KDE      - http://tork.sf.net