Re: Bug: improperly bound listen addresses?

> secured ports as client ports rather than server ports.

To appear to the casual inspector to be a named. To get around those
filtering dns requests from ports other than 53. Named commonly
listens on 53. But it may also send from 53 if so configured.
Different environments have different rules.

> The routines in resolv.conf

Ahh, yes. Ok, Tor is not likely to be a named anytime soon :) I'll
fire up a named, bind it as desired and point Tor at it.

> If you have entered a host+domainname on the Address line in
> torrc, tor also needs to be able to resolve that address.

Hey, that just might be the source of those warning messages I first
posted in this thread. It may be 'guessing' wrong even though I
told it where to bind OR and DIR...ok, tested, that's the bug.
Updating ticket.

Address _address_
 The IP address or fqdn of this server (e.g. moria.mit.edu).
 You can leave this unset, and Tor will guess your IP address.