Re: exit node "tortila" adds material to www.barnesandnoble.com home page

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 03:26:37PM +0200, Steffen Schoenwiese wrote:
> On Thursday 07 August 2008 12:19:22 Scott Bennett wrote:
> > [...]
> > >The point is, this is written in way that hardly anyone, even native
> > > germans, would bother to read it, so I'm not 100% convinced someone would
> > > deliberately set this up for a broad audience to take notice of this
> > > content in that way.
>
> Hasn't there been a thread lately about tor mixing up pages or
> something like that? Maybe that's the case here too. Can you
> reproduce your findings?

Yep.  If the exit node doesn't create this failure mode for every
attempt to load the page, then this might conceivably be another
occurance of the mysterious bug 779:

   https://bugs.torproject.org/flyspray/index.php?do=details&id=779

I've got a possible fix checked in to trunk, but nobody has replicated
the bug well enough to confirm that the fix makes the bug go away.
Nevertheless, since the fix does indeed fix a real problem in the code
that is consistent with what we know about bug 779, I think we should
backport it anyway.

yrs,
--
Nick