RIA Novosti hit by cyber-attacks as conflict with Georgia rages

RIA Novosti hit by cyber-attacks^1 ... and I have noticed! Nothing to do [and
no wonders, see "The DNS-servers," etc.^1] even using Tor, my ... *joker* card
so to speak to *play* when I can't reach a site.

Incidentally, even globalresearch.ca, which links to RIA Novosti directly
quite enough, and, as a generally intelligent, informed and competent site,
has often a pro Russia standing ... on Georgia [many articles] at the least;
even globalresearch.ca, was not exactly snappy to reach -- I am talking for
the Pacific-Asia area: Indonesia [which is not the problem] - Singapore -
Taiwan - Japan - US, this is the mandatory *conduit* even to reach Australia
from Indonesia ... at least till China [Beijing], India and Russia will take
their part of control of the Internet they have right to.

Okay, now the question: how easy is to *take down* [disable] Tor for the
cyber-saboteurs [and if you read Michel Collon^2, you may get a very educated
hint on who those *willige Helfer* are].

Cheers,

/Roy Lanek

PS: the situation does recall me also the *paranormal* cuttings of the cables
of months ago.

     1. RIA Novosti hit by cyber-attacks as conflict with Georgia rages
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20080810/115936419.html

MOSCOW, August 10 (RIA Novosti) - RIA Novosti news agency's website was
disabled for several hours on Sunday by a series of hacker attacks, as the
conflict between Russia and Georgia over breakaway South Ossetia continued for
a third day.

Websites in both Russia and Georgia have been hit by cyber attacks since
Georgia launched a major ground and air offensive to seize control of South
Ossetia on Friday. Russia responded by sending in tanks and hundreds of
troops.

"The DNS-servers and the site itself have been coming under severe attack,"
said Maxim Kuznetsov, head of the RIA Novosti IT department.

RIA Novosti's servers are now functioning as normal.

A top Russian diplomat accused foreign media on Sunday of pro-Georgian bias
in their coverage of the ongoing conflict.

Etc.

     2. Bolivia: Is Evo in Danger after the August 10 referendum? The US
prepares a civil war, by Michel Collon, August 10, 2008

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9785

--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   tak ada rotan, akar pun jadi
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   no rattans, roots will do [if you are